Duke Robillard
Duke Robillard Oct 07, 2013

Hey Tom, Sounds great. Who's your singer / rhythm guitarist? he's got a good voice. I i like your sound together. very Excello Louisiana sounding. Nice and lowdown! Duke 

Duke Robillard

Hey Tom, another good one. i really like the sound you two have together. Did you know i recorded Texas Flood on the first Roomful of blues album 5 years before Stevie did it? keep up the good worK. Duke 

Duke Robillard

Hi Peter, Sounds great, nice job on those hamer on trills and the slide is cool too! good job and ideas, duke

Duke Robillard

Hey Preston, Great job on Give Me One Reason. You sound so natural it sounds like you're on the record!Really nice tone and phrasing, Duke  

Duke Robillard

Hey Guy P, Enjoyed your video. nice ideas and good use of space. Duke

Corey Harris
Corey Harris Oct 07, 2013

@Alex...nice version of candy man...singing sounds nice and easy.

Corey Harris
Corey Harris Oct 07, 2013

@ Vinny you have a nice easy touch on the song and your singing is real mellow.  Thanks for posting!

Preston
Preston Oct 07, 2013

Hello Duke... Thank you Sir for your comment .... I value your comments very highly and it makes me happy to know that you liked the video to me it means that i'm slowly getting somewhere with the harp!!

Tom
Tom Oct 07, 2013

Thanx...! Mr. Duke...!!!

Your comments have me and my blues buddie, Matt "Over The Moon"...! I told Matt to just perform his songs in his own way and not follow me. I wanted him in the "driver's seat", because as I told him, a blues guitarist's role is to "respond", not to lead and he understood me. I think that's why the videos came out well.

I have another good friend who played harp with SRV long before John Hammond's influance.

Duke Robillard
Duke Robillard Oct 08, 2013

Hey Preston, You're a natural, that's obvious. You sound to me like you've been playing a long time. Duke

Duke Robillard

Hi Tom, Yes I really did enjoy you and Matt together. Keep up the good work! Duke 

Alex Barbera
Alex Barbera Oct 08, 2013

Thank you Corey and Duke for takin time to watch all the videos and give feedback!!!

Duke Robillard

Hi Alex, Thank you! It's really fun an interesting to see everyone's interpretation of the blues.And it's also very rewarding to see the progression of everyones playing. Duke 

JD Krooks Crouhy
JD Krooks Crouhy Oct 08, 2013

@Tom yes it's sad hope your situation get's better ! It's not a long time i could afford good guitar i' played cheap guitar for a long time, now it's going better for me since 2years... Hope the wheels turn for you too :) !

@Alex your last song are beautiful too what a tragedy what hapenned ! But in French media we don't talk a lot about it :( By the way i'm singing POlice Dog Better cause it's in my confort zone, singing Kind Hearted is really Higher. At that time it's still a sportive challenge for me ;)

@Duke and Corey, hope you could see and comment all the video, i'm waiting for your comment like a kid ;) 

Thanks for all

JD

Preston
Preston Oct 09, 2013

Duke thank you so much for your feedback you encourage me to keep learning and trying to improve my playing....

Preston
Preston Oct 09, 2013

Hi Rich thank you for your comment and feedback on my playing....I'm glad you liked the videos.... I'm happy to be apart of this forum the people here are really nice and also encouraging...

Corey Harris
Corey Harris Oct 10, 2013

@John Bunyan...your guitar tone is real nice here and you got the main riff down good.  Keep working at it sounds good.

Corey Harris

@Vinny...I really like the the last video a lot...it has a nice blend of blues and spanish sounding chords.  Thanks for posting.

Corey Harris

@ Alex...your version of candy man is very nice.  It is also a little different from other versions and that is refreshing.  Thanks.

Jerry Portnoy
Jerry Portnoy Oct 10, 2013

Hey Preston,

Really nice job! Good feel for the grooves and great sense of timing and where to place your very nice phrases. Phrasing and technique are excellent. You're really getting it and just need to convey a bit more confidence and authority in your attack. Well done!

Tom
Tom Oct 11, 2013

Hello Jerry Portnoy... I met you once in Miami, Fl. at the Tobacco Road club where you were working with the Legendary BB. I was standing there with Rob "Wild Boar" Moore a mutial friend. You walked a step or two past us then recognized Rob from Chicago, turned and spoke to us. You recognized Rob from back in the days when he sat in with the Muddy Waters Band in the South Side clubs. Rob worked with Wild Child Bttler after that, then moved to Miami where he and I became fast buddies.

I hope you will turn back to the first page of this thread and check out at least one of the three videos that I posted there. I would love to hear your comments. You could do a "search" at YouTube for < Rob "Wild Boar" Moore > there and see some of his too.

Boyd R
Boyd R Oct 11, 2013

Preston
Preston Oct 11, 2013

Hello Jerry, Thank you so much for your comments & feedback.... actually I didn't touch the harp for about 6 months prior to making those videos!!!!! and i did feel a bit rusty. I am back now and starting to play again and i'm enjoying it...

I stilll got to learn much... you really encourage me to keep moving on and learning.... Jerry I have a small request can you put out a lesson or two on how to play backing harmonica to accompany a person who is singing & playing the guitar. That is one area I need to improve on. In the album Blues Never Die! by Otis Spann with James Cotton on both harmonica and lead vocals is just great and it would be nice if you could break down some of that for us,....

Thanks & Regards, Preston.

Corey Harris
Corey Harris Oct 13, 2013

@JDY...Nice version of kindhearted woman...you get a nice tone out of the guitar.  The best part for me was the instrumental break where you play slide on the 12th fret for a measure.  Sounds good.  Thanks for posting.

Corey Harris
Corey Harris Oct 13, 2013

@JDY...your version of Police Dog is very nice...good rhythm and tempo.  You got a natural feel for the ragtime guitar sound.  Thanks for posting.

Login popup sm Login popup banner

Member Log In

Forgot your password? Click here

New To Sonic Junction?

See Sign Up Info >

Popup close

Login popup sm

New To Sonic Junction?

Try 2 Lessons Free

Popup close