Dave Stephens
Dave Stephens Jan 01, 2013

OK, this may be boring for you guys, but this is another jam on the CC90 pickup, I used an alternate blade that is a little darker, and one guy wanted to hear out of phase tones with it and the P13 repro of mine in the bridge and a quick bridge noodle. My playing on this one borderline sucks, some days you got "it" and some days you don't. LOL. 

daddyray (robbie)
daddyray (robbie) Jan 02, 2013

Dave that guitar sounds terrifc.......really meaty. 

Tom
Tom Jan 02, 2013

Dave..

You have a busy looking shop. Make another video, walk us through it and tell us what you do.

I'm interested...!

Duke Robillard
Duke Robillard Jan 02, 2013

Hey Dave sounds good to me! Like CC pickup. The out of phase is cool too! Duke

Dave Stephens
Dave Stephens Jan 02, 2013

Thanks Duke and Mojo ;-)  I actually did a video several years ago showing how I work and my bio, my studio and shop are always real messy looking, not enough space really, but I do know where everything is. I make alot of my own parts and don't mass produce stuff and work slow, quality before quantitiy and have a long waiting list, almost a year now. Here's the video....enjoy ;-)

Preston
Preston Jan 03, 2013

Nice stuff put up here... I liked Thirteen....I missed the opportunity to post something and get your valuable feedback!! I just arrived home...so maybe in the next open mic....?

Preston
Preston Jan 03, 2013

JWSadler the song Devil Baby by Mark Knopfler which you cover is wonderful I like your playing and singing never mind the facial expression its just the music most people want to hear!! so dont sweat it too much...try to relax and enjoy yourself playing and everything should fall into place :)

Alex Barbera
Alex Barbera Jan 05, 2013

Guys I did this really only for fun and to say Hy to you all and thanks for posting all this nice videos. I wish you a wonderfull 2013 and see you at the next open mic :)

Duke Robillard
Duke Robillard Jan 06, 2013

Alex, I can't get this video to play. Duke

Alex Barbera
Alex Barbera Jan 06, 2013

Thanks Duke....I put the wrong option on youtube :))

Duke Robillard
Duke Robillard Jan 06, 2013

Hi Alex, Sounds good, and a jingle all the way to you too! Duke 

Tom
Tom Jan 06, 2013

Is that a J-45 Gib...?

Alex Barbera

Grazie Duke! :)) 

Alex Barbera

no..it's an epiphone el 00:))

Steve Marinak
Steve Marinak Jan 09, 2013

Just got back from the islands...lots of great material you guys posted!  I enjoyed it all.  Thank you for the kind feedback as well.  Good group of musicians here.  I'm listening to Alex as I write this.  Is that a style like Elizabeth Cotten?  I know there are a few or more fingerpicking styles.  Very nice.  I always like her doing Freight Train, raw simple emotion.  Happy New Year everyone.

Steve Marinak
Steve Marinak Jan 09, 2013

Just got back from the islands...lots of great material you guys posted!  I enjoyed it all.  Thank you for the kind feedback as well.  Good group of musicians here.  I'm listening to Alex as I write this.  Is that a style like Elizabeth Cotten?  I know there are a few or more fingerpicking styles.  Very nice.  I always like her doing Freight Train, raw simple emotion.  Happy New Year everyone.

Steve

Alex Barbera
Alex Barbera Jan 10, 2013

Hy steve...at the beginning it's a kind of my version of jingle bell in fingerpicking...than it's take me back which I learned by Corey and at the end it's Goind Down slow feelin bad....Eric Bibb version..It's a nice tune that I'm continuosly studin'...thanks for your compliments..

Yes I do like to most of all the material here,too.....would be nice if even Duke, Corey and Jerry would participate :))

Login popup sm Login popup banner

Member Log In

Forgot your password? Click here

New To Sonic Junction?

See Sign Up Info >

Popup close

Login popup sm

New To Sonic Junction?

Try 2 Lessons Free

Popup close