Mike Caren
Mike Caren Mar 21, 2013

We're Among Friends Here ... First Names and Profile Picture Improvements

Here at Sonic Junction, our goal is to give you a direct, personal connection with Music Legends and peers.  To make our conversations here more intimate, we're introducing a few improvements:

1. First Name Basis

To enable authentic conversation -- like talking with friends at a Master Class or Blues Jam, we'd like to move everyone to using first names.

If you're currently using an alias/username, please change it this week to your first name at: My Account > Edit Accout. (see diagram below)

created at: 03/28/2013

2. Profile Pictures

It's now easier to express yourself -- use the new Profile Window to upload your personal photo for your profile.  Or choose one of the new stock images to best represent yourself.

To set your Profile Picture, go to: My Account > Edit Profile.  (Once there, you will see the window below)

created at: 03/28/2013

We feel these improvements will make your Sonic Junction experience more intimate and rewarding.  If you have any questions or feedback, you can post them here.

Best Regards,

Mike

stevieboy
stevieboy Mar 28, 2013

stevieboy IS my first name!

Sort of.

darrell edwards
darrell edwards Mar 29, 2013

hey  my name  is Darrell

JD Krooks Crouhy
JD Krooks Crouhy Apr 02, 2013

My name is Jean-Denis but my friends call me JD :)

Mike Caren
Mike Caren Apr 02, 2013

Thanks for the thoughts.  

One way to think about it is if you were to meet Duke, Corey or Jerry in person and introduce yourself, what name would you use?

Great to be learning with all of you at Sonic Junction!

Douglas Irwin
Douglas Irwin Oct 24, 2013

Hey Mike,

I like that idea. I will make sure you know my real first name. My name is Douglas, nickname Sir Douglas for being a VP of a school at 24 by the owner After the group in Texas.

My God Son just thought that was to much, so he changed it to Uncle Doougal :) Most call me Doug, old friends call me Dougie, Mom CAlled me Dougie Wray when I was in trouble. Spanich kids call me Douglas, cause to Them Doug sounds like dog and they like me. So I may have to sleep on this one, I am already getting tired. 

I will keep you informed,so I thought i would have a little humor tonight. I know when I met Duke at the T Bone festival in Texas and asked him to sign my Tele I thought someone had tied my tongue. He was so nice and I had so many questions, but I just did not want to seem to aggresive. I am sure he would have beed glad to talk some, but I got weak in the knees. Strange to be 60 and say that.??

Doug Irwin

Login popup sm Login popup banner

Member Log In

Forgot your password? Click here

New To Sonic Junction?

See Sign Up Info >

Popup close

Login popup sm

New To Sonic Junction?

Try 2 Lessons Free

Popup close