John
John Apr 10, 2013

I love to get your input on Charlie Christian's approach to the blues and or rhythm changes. Something like Gone with what wind, or flying home.

Duke Robillard
Duke Robillard Feb 19, 2014

John and all the others that have requested Charlie Christian tunes. I see here I have neglected your requests and will get one in soon. Thanks, Duke

Duke Robillard
Duke Robillard Mar 07, 2014

John, I will pick a CC song soon to teach. There are quite a few requests for one. Thanks, Duke

Duke Robillard
Duke Robillard Apr 30, 2013

Hi John, at some point soon we will work on a Charlie Christian tune. When it comes to electric guitar there are 2 players that were the main inspiration to all the rest, Charlie Christian in jazz, and T-Bone Walker in the blues!

Thanks, Duke

Mark Rhodes
Mark Rhodes Aug 28, 2013

Well, Duke, when you get to a CC tune, will it be "Seven Come Eleven"? Barney and Herb (as well as many others) recorded it. I love his solo on "Flyin' Home" with the Benny Goodman Sextet. Charlie is "The Man" to me!

Duke Robillard
Duke Robillard Aug 28, 2013

We do a Charlie Christian soon. Which one I'm not sure yet. Maybe flying home, Shivers or Seven Come Eleven. All great tunes! Duke

Mark Rhodes
Mark Rhodes Aug 29, 2013

Thanks, Duke! I love all those tunes---great to hear there's a chance it could be "Shivers". That's a great one

Mlesvenan
Mlesvenan Sep 12, 2013

Great! and...I found a new baby?! A great tune, and a great solo

Michael Hattem
Michael Hattem Nov 30, 2013

Can I put an unofficial vote in for "Flying Home?"

Tony_D
Tony_D Dec 02, 2013

Shivers!

Duke Robillard
Duke Robillard Dec 03, 2013

Hi Tony, Shivers would be a good first choice I agree. I'll try to get it in. Duke 

Duke Robillard

Hi Michael, Yes Flying is one we should do also. Duke

Tim Ielegems
Tim Ielegems Dec 03, 2013

Charlie Christian -> blues and/or rhythm changes I'm looking forward to that lesson(s).

Thanks Duke!

Duke Robillard

Hi Tim, We'll do one of each. Duke

charles o'brien
charles o'brien Mar 07, 2014

I'll add my voice to the request for a Charlie Christian lesson. Any song--blues, rhythm changes, whatever--will be welcome. Also, I'd love to get Duke's take on Chuck Berry, whose style, as far as I can tell, hasn't been covered yet on this website.

Login popup sm Login popup banner

Member Log In

Forgot your password? Click here

New To Sonic Junction?

See Sign Up Info >

Popup close

Login popup sm

New To Sonic Junction?

Try 2 Lessons Free

Popup close