the fabulous thunderbirds - wait on time 

intro & solo 

love jimmie vaughans playing. 

Duke Robillard
Duke Robillard Jan 10, 2015

great playing Tam! Duke

tam reilly
tam reilly Jan 10, 2015

Thanks duke I love sitting down working out these solos they're great fun to play plus you learn a ton from them.  I've a wee question for you if you don't mind. I'm learning  the guitar parts on Kim Wilson's Baby please don't lie to me. just wondering if that's you playing on there. The guitars are superb on it  Sounds like your playing. 

Alex Barbera
Alex Barbera Jan 10, 2015

Vinny...thanks again...skip's song are too much complicated...I've tried to do my best. Above all the delta blues mucisians, he's my favorite. He was a genious..as far as I know, Mississipi John hurt, used to talk in this terms about Skip James...I like everything of his music...the voice, the way he picks the strings, composition...there's a video uploaded in youtube where skip james is playin devil got my woman...in the room all the greatest..mississippi john hurt,howlin wolf...I'm sure you already know this video...maybe the others...who knows...

If Skip james  died at 27 years old, it would have been a complete different story...

Vinny
Vinny Jan 10, 2015

Yes I've seen this many times. Skip James had not even played the guitar much for many years when he was re-discovered.  This was made in Newport at the Folk Festival where he made a big impression.  Yes, what he plays here is very complex, and he really mastered that tuning. But I don't think his version of Cypress Grove is as complicated as this.  I think your version is very close. But I agree, he is most unique. 

Bruce Dumes
Bruce Dumes Jan 10, 2015

Another non-Blues submission. My version of George Harrison's solo from "Old Brown Shoe" by The Beatles. 

Duke Robillard
Duke Robillard Oct 01, 2015

Sounds good Bruce...

Ryan
Ryan Jan 11, 2015

Next time you see me.

tam reilly
tam reilly Jan 11, 2015

Nice playing Ryan. 

Ryan
Ryan Jan 11, 2015

Thanks Tam

Ryan
Ryan Jan 11, 2015

Tominou
Tominou Sep 24, 2016

Jalous of your vibrato... Do you sing also? Keep on playing!

tam reilly
tam reilly Jan 11, 2015

Sounding good again mate. You from Northern Ireland ? 

Ryan
Ryan Jan 11, 2015

Yes, not far from Bellfast.

tam reilly
tam reilly Jan 11, 2015

What's the blues scene over there like? I stay about 10 mile out from Glasgow. no many real blues bands about here. Well known that a Know of anyway. Do you play in a band. 

Ryan
Ryan Jan 11, 2015

There are a few good blues festivals through out the year, a couple local blues bands and there is a monthly blues jam near me.  

I am not in a band, although I would like to find a few people to jam with regulary as I think it will help my playing.

tam reilly
tam reilly Jan 11, 2015

You should get yourself into a band that'll bring your playing on. Stick an  add on gumtree or ask about at a jam session. I've played in a load of bands over the years.  trying to get a band going the now but all the bands that say they're blues are really just rock bands who play a few blues numbers or even look out for singer/ guitarist looking for a harp player

Ryan
Ryan Jan 11, 2015

Gumtree hasn't been too successfull, but I am always looking out for someone at the jam.  I think it would help if I could sing so that is something  need to work on.

John
John Jan 11, 2015

Little martha on Open G Dobro; this is a 1 guitar arrangement I've been refining for a while. Hope you like it, and sorry for my noob video skillz

Tominou
Tominou Sep 24, 2016

I'm sad it's finished, that's a goood sign! thank for sharing ;)

Corey Harris
Corey Harris Jan 15, 2015

So many great posts from all the artists here.  I have really enjoyed your performances.  So much talent!

Duke Robillard
Duke Robillard Jan 17, 2015

It's great to see all this talent here o Sonic Junction. Keep up the good work friends! Duke 

Login popup sm Login popup banner

Member Log In

Forgot your password? Click here

New To Sonic Junction?

See Sign Up Info >

Popup close

Login popup sm

New To Sonic Junction?

Try 2 Lessons Free

Popup close