Alex Barbera
Alex Barbera Jul 06, 2013

Guys this is a traditional tune from the place where I come from....Sardinia...It's called "no potho reposare" and the arrangement is by Reno Brandoni, great italian fingerpicking guitarrist

JD Krooks Crouhy
JD Krooks Crouhy Jul 06, 2013

@Denis i live in Paris let's keep in touch here's my email : jd.crouhy@gmail.com

@Peter you're so creative that incredible ! i love your version and your sweet voice is really nice i like that arrangement

@StevieBoy Cool version, love it ! i didn't knew ths tune now it's done yhanks you :)

@Andrey Cool tune and cool tone

@JD nice to see an homonym here my name's JD too ;) you are a high rank blues player !

@Alex it sound nice i like that too:)

Jerry Portnoy
Jerry Portnoy Jul 06, 2013

Denis,

You've got some very impressive technnique. Good control, tone, attack etc. To my ear, though, on the musical level I think you could simplify the lines you're playing, slow down and be mindful of the chord changes. Work in and out of the spaces that the singer leaves. Learning how to use space to your advantage will be very helpful. 

Chris Ingram
Chris Ingram Jul 07, 2013

Have enjoyed listening to the great stuff here. Hope you like mine. No video I'm afraid. Love and Peace, Chris

Mike Caren
Mike Caren Jul 07, 2013

@Stevieboy ... great playing.  Love the tone!  Was that a P-90 neck pick-up?  It has this cool fresh yet retro feel.

@Andrey ... beautiful song and playing.  I really like how you built it up and moved with the playing.

@JD ... nice guitar.  Love that low end riff you play at 3:15 ... and really dig how you ended the song (especially that last chord).

@Alex ... that's a really beautiful song.  Would be great if you could record it without the fan noise.  I like the new guitar too.  Ah, now I want to get a parlor!

@Chris ... really nice harmonies and chords.  Has a cool 60's feel / vibe.

DenisF
DenisF Jul 08, 2013

@Mister Portnoy Great honor you have done to critic my version of Mystery train..I understand very well what you ask but it was the first time that we play this song.  Merci

@Peter Merci and I love what you do...

Jerry Portnoy
Jerry Portnoy Jul 08, 2013

Andrey - Nice job on the melody.

Denis - You really do have some great skills on the harmonica. Your approach on Mystery Train kind of sounds like Sonny Terry meets Paul Butterfield. It was very interesting to listen to and showed your own approach. Really, it was very well done though, as I said before, just a bit busy for my taste. You're doing great and I look forward to hearing more from you.

Alex Barbera
Alex Barbera Jul 09, 2013

Peter yes it's the parlour in the last two videos!!!It's exciting to read by an english speaker "no potho reposare" which is sardinian language..It's our native language....

here's a more tradional version by Andrea Parodi, great singer from Sardinia...he died of cancer but he still continue to sing until his death...great artist and first of all great man

in this video you can clearly see the effect of chemiotherapy on him....it's such a touching video..the language you will hear it's our native language...check on google..you will like for sure Sardinia..it's a wonderfull place to come for vacation anf for everything else

Alex Barbera
Alex Barbera Jul 10, 2013

Peter, after less than one month, Andrea died....Can you feel how strong this man was? He knew that he still didn't have much time to live but continued singing...he's a real inspiration

Andrey Mikhaylin
Andrey Mikhaylin Jul 10, 2013

JerryPeterMikeJD Krooks Crouhy & all, Many thanks,

It is very pleasant when such great people respond well about my sound from far Russia!

KEEP ON BLUES!

dmitrysbor
dmitrysbor Jul 10, 2013

Old Rocker Ballad 

My lyrics, vocal and harmonica.

Chris Ingram
Chris Ingram Jul 12, 2013

Thank you Mike and Peter for your positive and encouraging words - means a lot. Yes it was original -  I've got loads of songs - for better or worse - mostly love songs for my wife. I use an old Yamaha PSR 320 keyboard plugged into a Fostex VF80 8 track or, latterly, into a Yamaha AW1600. Guitars and vocals all into a mike plugged into same. Your site is really good and I'm sure I'll make more use of what you offer,

Kind Regards,

Chris

Corey Harris
Corey Harris Jul 16, 2013

@Peter Wolf...I can hear that you have put in a lot of work.  Your guitar playing is nice and steady, and the birds are a nice natural touch.  Thanks for posting.

Corey Harris

@Mike...wow I really dig this one...around the way they would say "u baad as hell"...lol...really nice.  Tell the drummer good job!

Corey Harris

@Jeff Suttles...I love this tune and how you play it.  Timeless!  Thanks for posting and put a battery in that smoke detector lol!

Corey Harris

@DenisF...nice playing...thanks for posting!

Corey Harris

@Alex...I really like this tune and how you play it is full of feeling.  Very nice...the tempo is perfect and you keep it in a nice groove the whole way.  Bravo.

Corey Harris

@SWLowery...whose tune is this?  it sounds like one of them old classics...i dig the changes and the spirit that you put into it.  thanks for posting.

Corey Harris

@Rich G....I dig how you play in all the right spots in this tune.  I wasn't familiar with it before so thanks for putting it up here.  Nice job.

Corey Harris

@JDY...yes this is a nice rocking tune....reminds me of JB Hutto and Elmore James.  You get a nice sound out of that axe you are playing...bravo!

Corey Harris

@Alex...nice version of candyman...i have always liked this tune and you make me want to go learn it.  classic!

Corey Harris

@EVERYONE

Please excuse my belated arrival to open mic night...I see that everybody has gone home and turned out the lights.  I sincerely regret not being able to be here with you all when it was goin on.  I was touring in rural Finland and wifi was not easy to find.  as always I am impressed by the wide variety of talent that we have here.  thanks everyone.

Alex Barbera
Alex Barbera Jul 16, 2013

@Corey...no worries :)))...I've seen the picture on Fb about your Tour in Finland...it seems that you had a lot of fun and had a very meaningfull room to sleep for a Rasta like you, in that nice hotel ;)

I'm honoured about Candy Man..really! :))

thanks

Alex

Corey Harris
Corey Harris Jul 17, 2013

@stevieboy...reminds me of the phrase, 'genuine houserocking music'...nice job and thanks for posting.

stevieboy
stevieboy Jul 17, 2013

Thanks Corey, for listening and your kind comment.  

Speaking of "Houserockers" Hound Dog Taylor did a version of Hawaiian Boogie also, I think I stole a little from him too on that.

And thanks to all for your comments, and also all of your tunes.  Cool bunch here!

Mike, good call on the pickup, not exactly but close, it's a Harmonic Design Superchrome, which is a sorta P90 stuffed into a standard tele neck pickup format.

Login popup sm Login popup banner

Member Log In

Forgot your password? Click here

New To Sonic Junction?

See Sign Up Info >

Popup close

Login popup sm

New To Sonic Junction?

Try 2 Lessons Free

Popup close