Brian Cade
Brian Cade Nov 18, 2018

Rick, I have been listening and trying to lean a couple of chromatic pieces of yours from 20 years ago, Walking in the shadow of the blues and When your woman is gone. Listening to the backing music on When Your Woman  is Gone and trying to key out the chords it seems like it is d-flat minor with most of the main guitar riffs just a dance between the I and IV (d-flat and g-flat). So I thought perhaps you were playing this as first position with slide in on a C chromatic. But I have seen some videos of you playing this song and it seems like you are mostly playing it with slide out and seems like might be third position style, for example as if playing it in d minor. I suppose third position style on B chromatic would yield d-flat minor, but do not know whether such a beast exists.  My musical ear is not great so I can have difficulty distinguishing between 1/2 steps in keys.  So was hoping you might enlighten me about how you are playing chromatic on When Your Woman Is Gone.  Great song as is Walking in the Shadow of the Blues.

Brian Cade

Login popup sm Login popup banner

Member Log In

Forgot your password? Click here

New To Sonic Junction?

See Sign Up Info >

Popup close

Login popup sm

New To Sonic Junction?

Try 2 Lessons Free

Popup close