Jamie J
Jamie J Aug 27, 2014

Hi!

My name is Jamie and I love all types of blues, most jazz and some rock. I remember listening to Blues for the first time... It was buddy guy  (I accidentally cliked one of his songs on spotify...) as mustang sally boomed through the speakers I was blown away by the groove that couldn't stop you from dancing in your seat. Then I found B.B. King, I was blown away again. Soon I found Robert Johnson and acoustic blues. I still can't understand how one can sing and play guitar like that at the same time... Amazing. 

I also love sonic junction, It brings people together while teaching you techniques, structures and methods while also learning a song at the same time. 

I love parlour size guitars with spruce tops and mahogany back and sides. I like steel of brass resonators with tricone or single cone. As far as electrics go I like SG's, teles and Strats, amongst many others. I love fender, vox or marshall amps.

One last thing, I have a tendency to use elipsis all the time... Damn I did it again!

Thanks, 

J

Mike Caren
Mike Caren Aug 28, 2014

Hi Jamie,

Great to have you a part of Sonic Junction!  Yeah, I remember the first time someone lent me a B.B. King - Live at the Regal I had a similar experience of being blown away.

Looking forward to learning with you at Sonic Junction.

Mike

Jamie J
Jamie J Aug 29, 2014

Thanks, I really love B.B. King, his vibrato is amazing. Learning some great stuff on this site, it is really brilliant.

Dave 2
Dave 2 Jan 02, 2016

Hi!

Although it doesn't seem to be 'a thing' here, I just wanted to introduce myself and say a general 'hello'. (Thought I'd post it here to keep things tidy, and maybe encourage other new folks to say 'hi')

To be honest, I'm not really new to Sonic Junction any more - been a member for about 6 months, but despite thinking the site and lessons are great and getting off to a good start I've just not been getting the most out of it and the frequency of my visits has dropped right off over time. Rather than quit just yet and save on membership for a resource I'm not really using, I'm going to see if I can 'get with the programme,' join the community here and engage with the whole music as "fundamentally social" thing. So, here I am, posting on the forum, being sociable, n stuff.

Now, I've dabbled with guitar off and on for decades (but much more off than on, until about 5 years ago), but I mainly joined SJ for the blues harp lessons. I've long loved blues harp and this seems a good time to have a more sustained go at trying to learn some, so if all goes according to plan you'll be hearing more from me on the harmonica lessons section (and maybe elsewhere too). 

Before I go, I'd like to share something from an album I've been listening to a very great deal in recent months (yeah, I know the video is a fudge, but it seems fairly well done to me andI like it all the same...)

Happy New Year all!

Dave (2)      

Mike Caren
Mike Caren Jan 02, 2016

Hi Dave --- welcome to Sonic Junction and I'm glad you decided to post a message.  From what I've learned over the years --- finding music that inspires you AND you can learn to play with just a bit of a challenge (some practice, but not too much) is the key.

If you're new to blues harp, a couple series you may want to check out are:  

- Jerry's Masterclass (covers the fundamental technqiues)

- Careless Love

- How Long Blues

I hope that helps and looking forward to hearing how things go.

Login popup sm Login popup banner

Member Log In

Forgot your password? Click here

New To Sonic Junction?

See Sign Up Info >

Popup close

Login popup sm

New To Sonic Junction?

Try 2 Lessons Free

Popup close