charlie
charlie Jul 31, 2014

Anyone based in London want to get together and jam some of this stuff? Can't believe such a perfect site as this exists - every jam I go to is the usual heavy distortion rock crap - would love to meet other musicians into exactly this kind of music...

charlie
charlie Aug 13, 2014

Just checking again - any London blues players want to get together and try this stuff out? I have a great rhythm section we can jam with, and some horns. But I'd love to meet another guitar player who's into this stuff that I can trade licks with, swop rhythms etc. Hit reply and we can hook up - lots of good places to play, but not many good people to play with, so I'm hoping I'll find you here...

Tony_D
Tony_D Sep 17, 2014

Charlie,

I used to live in London but not anymore. I share your sentiment that unfortunately there aren't good jams in London. There are quite a few places that hold jams but with lots of egos, turned up volumes and not a lot of feeling. I remember one place that was somewhat out of the ordinary. Coach and Horses jam in Leyton (East London) seemed to have a well established jam session with a good line-up. Suburban in Wimbledon used to hold some jams which also was ok. Perhaps you can hook up with some musicians there that you can practice with. 

charlie
charlie Sep 17, 2014

Exactly mate! Thanks for the tip. I'm looking to get a group together to play this stuff, but a 2nd guitar feels like the search for the holy grail! ;  )

Tony_D
Tony_D Sep 17, 2014

Good luck! 

Ian Morgan
Ian Morgan Nov 07, 2014

Check out the software Jamkazam.  It seems to offer online jamming.  I've not tried it, but it might be a way forward.  If anyone is interested in trying it I'd love to join in with my harp, but I've not been playing all that long.  

Login popup sm Login popup banner

Member Log In

Forgot your password? Click here

New To Sonic Junction?

See Sign Up Info >

Popup close

Login popup sm

New To Sonic Junction?

Try 2 Lessons Free

Popup close