Rich G
Rich G Apr 02, 2012

Certainly I'd never heard of him until someone on a list sent a link to this video.  He played in the 30s -50s, and apparently most of his work is in first position in the high register.  This song, which is St. James Infirmary under another name, is in fourth position on a Bb harp. 

(I tried to use the button to insert the video but must have done something wrong so I posted this link instead.)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4orCmvgijn8&feature=relmfu[/video]

Mike Caren
Mike Caren Apr 02, 2012

WOW !!  Great playing.  Really shows how you can make the harmonica sing.  It's so human .. beautiful.

For inserting the video ... sometimes YouTube puts extra information in the URL which messes up our YouTube video inserter.  I've put it on  our list to recognize and deal with it automatically.  Thanks for calling this out Rich.

Vinny
Vinny Sep 26, 2012

Mike: I found that using the "imbed" feature on YouTube and inserting the code in  html worked fine, but I was unable to get a video to work just using it's url.

Mike Caren
Mike Caren Sep 26, 2012

Hi Vinny .. thanks for the feedback.  To insert a YouTube video with the link, you use the big red play button on the top menu and then cut and paste the link in the box.  When you do this, the Sonic Junction looper and other functions work with the YouTube video.

Let me know if this solves your issue ... thanks!

Vinny
Vinny Sep 26, 2012

Yes i know, it did not work.  That's why i posted this.  The only way I could get a video to show was by inserting the "imbed" code direcly into html.  

Login popup sm Login popup banner

Member Log In

Forgot your password? Click here

New To Sonic Junction?

See Sign Up Info >

Popup close

Login popup sm

New To Sonic Junction?

Try 2 Lessons Free

Popup close