Eric Beil
Eric Beil Jan 31, 2013

Hey Duke- are the  guitars all your personal guitars, if so that  is an incredible collection!

peter schmidt
peter schmidt Feb 12, 2013

Duke, I really like the surf green stratocaster.  I have a strat the same color with a maple fretboard that I love to death.  Someday should i play half as well I would be happy. 

Duke Robillard
Duke Robillard Mar 29, 2013

Hi Eric, Yes all the guitars I use on my lessons are from my collection. Many of them I have already traded away though! I change guitars like socks. Duke

Duke Robillard
Duke Robillard Mar 29, 2013

yeah Peter, Surf green is about the coolest color going! Duke

terryguitar
terryguitar Jul 24, 2013

do you still have the black L5 you used on you Tbone video?

Terry

Duke Robillard
Duke Robillard Jul 28, 2013

Hi Eric, Yes they are mine alright. Some I have already sold or traded though. Duke

Duke Robillard

Hey Peter, Thanks, yes, surf green is the coolest of all guitar colors! Duke 

Duke Robillard

BG, Yeah, I just love playing different axes all the time. Bad habit! Duke

Duke Robillard

Terry, No the L-5 is nlong gone, but it did go to a good home and I have played it on a gig when I was in the owners home town. Duke 

terryguitar
terryguitar Oct 13, 2013

Hi,

I am really enjoying the lessons - especially the one's from "wobble walkin". What is (are) the make of guitar you use on "all of me"  and on Ïf I had You"? Also do you mostly use an unwound G string? Having a background playing rock I started of with 009 E string -- then when dabbling in Jazz/Blues I went to 013 E string and tapewound. I am now lightening up the strings for two reasons -- one is age, the other is that I am a bit heavy handed and heavy strings sound a bit "thuddy" under my fingers. I have just turned 60 and am enjoying playing more than ever. Your lessons are a big part of this..thanks Terry

Duke Robillard
Duke Robillard Oct 15, 2013

Hi Terryguitar, Thanks! I'm glad you are having fun with them. I do mostly use a unwound G because I still bend the G string when I play jazz. I sometimes use a light gauge flatwounds set with a wound G. As far as that guitar                , it's a JW Murphy archtop. Look up hiis guitars, they're great! Duke 

Login popup sm Login popup banner

Member Log In

Forgot your password? Click here

New To Sonic Junction?

See Sign Up Info >

Popup close

Login popup sm

New To Sonic Junction?

Try 2 Lessons Free

Popup close