Marty Kerner
Marty Kerner Mar 01, 2017

I've recently started Chris Eldridge's lessons, and I’m having problems with tablature. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.  I’m working on the Norman Blake version of Soldier’s Joy, and the tab is missing a lot. There are no time indications – no indications of which notes are eighth notes, which are sixteenths, etc. There are no indications of which notes are slides and which are picked straight.  There is no indication of pick direction, something I’ve seen in other flatpicking tabs, but not here. I’m using a Mac with an old operating system (10.6.8) and I’m wondering if the problem is with my computer rather than the tab.  Chris’ lessons are great.  The tabs I’m seeing aren’t.

Mike Caren
Mike Caren Mar 01, 2017

Hi Marty --- thanks for the question.   We moved to a new sheet music / tab format a little over a year ago.  Here's an example:

http://www.sonicjunction.com/chris-eldridge/tennessee-waltz-finding-and-using-chords-up-the-neck-pt-1

We're in the process of updating and re-releasing some of Chris's older lessons (including Soldier's Joy).  Honey, You Don't Know My Mind is the one being updated at the moment.  If you have requests, let us know and we will update them.

That said --- it's best to get the music in your mind as much as possible and work off that.  Connecting your inner ear to your fingers via muscle memory is the way you want to wire your brain.  Thanks.

Marty Kerner
Marty Kerner Mar 01, 2017

Thanks, Mike, for the response and for the very fast turn-around time. I'm glad to hear the older tabs are being updated to the new format.  -- Marty

Frank Dahlmeyer
Frank Dahlmeyer May 13, 2017

Cant find the tabs for anyof the harp material im looking at - am I missingg something ??

Serei André Jacques
Serei André Jacques Sep 07, 2017

Hello, first try and cannot print the tablature, or even see it, although i use the  button print the tablature...what ever  loop  ia am into; all i get is the

description of the lesson by loo;  pi am into D,Gruenling , Thrill seeker

Mike Caren
Mike Caren Sep 07, 2017

Hi Serei -- we don't tab the harmonica lessons by design.  The instructors want you to learn it by ear by looping and slowing down the breakdowns and practice loops in the video lessons.  This will teach you how to hear and speak blues harmonica -- which is key to playing it and eventually soloing / improvising.

Login popup sm Login popup banner

Member Log In

Forgot your password? Click here

New To Sonic Junction?

See Sign Up Info >

Popup close

Login popup sm

New To Sonic Junction?

Try 2 Lessons Free

Popup close