Bill
Bill Oct 03, 2014

Hi Duke,
   Do you recommend taking your lessons in chronological order or is it okay to take them in any order? I'm  an intermediate player.

Thanks,

Bill

Mike Caren
Mike Caren Oct 08, 2014

Hi Bill --- good question.  We're going to be working on having the site answer questions like this early next year.  Two lesson series that I think will give you a solid foundation are:

How Long Blues

Blues After Hours

The tempo of both tunes is nice and they introduce a lot of concepts Duke gets into in other lessons.  After that, you may want to check out

Take a Little Walk with Me

That's Alright

I hope that helps and enjoy Duke.

Bill
Bill Oct 08, 2014

Thanks Mike. Yes, that's very helpful. I'll check those lessons out. What do you mean by having the site answer questions like this? 

Bill

Mike Caren
Mike Caren Oct 09, 2014

Hi Bill --- we're going to be working on different ways to organize and present the lessons.  It's early, so we're not settled on the mechanism and/or design.  Sometimes people refer to it as "learning paths" --- other people break things up by level and/or genres of music.  

Enjoy Duke!

Bill
Bill Oct 10, 2014

That would be great. Sounds like something that would be really useful. 

Thanks Mike

Duke Robillard
Duke Robillard Oct 28, 2014

Hi Bill, I think it's up to each student to decide what works best I'd say. If you are interested in all the styles I teach and have some basic knowledge of each idiom you can jump around as you like. If your main interest is straight blues the lessons Mike picked are a good start. They are all related in many respects. Duke 

Bill
Bill Oct 29, 2014

Thanks Duke! I'm definitely interested in all the styles you teach. I like so many of the tunes you teach that the hard part is deciding which one to work on. 

Bill

Duke Robillard
Duke Robillard Oct 29, 2014

Thanks Bill, Duke 

Login popup sm Login popup banner

Member Log In

Forgot your password? Click here

New To Sonic Junction?

See Sign Up Info >

Popup close

Login popup sm

New To Sonic Junction?