jean-sebastien gauthier

Hi Duke, first this site is amazing, I can't believe I will be able to have lessons with you! You and Junior Watson are my all time favourite guitar players.

I stopped playing guitar for 1 year now to dedicate myself to lap steel (tuned in C6, great for swing, in fact western swing! and hawaiian). I think it really help to develop my ear. I take lessons on Skype with a legend, John Ely, it’s great to have access to legends like you and him by internet.

Now I want to come back to guitar, and I have always been attracted to wing, I have a good knowledge of basic music theories and I’m familiar with your style and love it, I would like to learn more of the jazzy stuff.

There a lot of great stuff on the site and I don't know where to start, can you recommend me something? If I understand, I can learn a lesson or a song and send a video in the forum so you can comment and tell what is good and what is bad?

Thanks a lot, I’m happy to be there!

jean-sebastien gauthier

I think I will start with Blues After Hour and Honky Thonk lessons because I really like those songs and I will start learning the Swingning The Blues lessons because it seems to have lot of stuff. Sound good? Can I send a video of the songs when I will be ready?

Duke Robillard
Duke Robillard Mar 29, 2013

Hi Jean, Any of those are a good place to start. Then something like Lester leaps in would be good to get familar with the I got Rhythm type 32 bar progression. Good luck! Duke

Login popup sm Login popup banner

Member Log In

Forgot your password? Click here

New To Sonic Junction?

See Sign Up Info >

Popup close

Login popup sm

New To Sonic Junction?

Try 2 Lessons Free

Popup close