Rich G
Rich G Dec 02, 2012

Hi Jerry,

I know you get plenty of suggestions for future lessons, but I'd like to add Born In Chicago to the list.  I can do a reasonable job on this cool song, but certainly could get much better.  I was asked to sit in with my friend's band at a gig last night for a couple of songs, Hootchie Cootchie Man and Born In Chicago.  Your lesson on Hootchie Cootchie Man really helped  (although I played it in second position not first - on a D harp), and I did pretty well with it.  He then asked me to stay up and play on Born In Chicago.  Again, things went pretty well and I was told I sounded good and fit in with the band. Still, I know I didn't play the song quite right.  So if you could fit it into the lesson schedule at some point, I would appreciate it.  By the way, I play Juke at least once a day - my Itunes counter is at 204.  I think I have learned more from trying to play this song than doing anything else.  In particular, I think that learning how Little Walter plays softly for parts of the song and then hits notes harder for emphasis, has been really eye opening.  And trying to reproduce the "bouncy" sort of tone that Little Walter plays with has really improved my breathe control.

Login popup sm Login popup banner

Member Log In

Forgot your password? Click here

New To Sonic Junction?

See Sign Up Info >

Popup close

Login popup sm

New To Sonic Junction?

Try 2 Lessons Free

Popup close