The Krowe
The Krowe Apr 15, 2012

I am having a good deal of difficulty producing a tight seal with mu hands around my harp.  Let me preface this by mentioning tat my finger are extremely difficult to move around, and they are very bony due to the muscle atrophication that has occured as my condition has progressed.  In a nutshell, my ulnar nerves have been damaged and they no longer tell my brain to pump blood into my hands.  My hand and finger muscles are being starved to death.

Even with the muscle loss, I can still get a reasonable acoustic seal sometimes but not consistantly.  I can't get it at all if I use the stsndsrt thumb snf index finger pinch with thumb tip and finger tip at the same place on the harp.  To get a seal on the left hand, I have to extend my index finger two full joints beyound the tip of my thumb.  Otherwise the skin flap that used to contain robust muscle just hangs open, leaving a gap about the size of a half dollar that has been cut in half.  I can seal my right and left palm edges together, and continue that around nesting my thumbs together in a parallel direction, with my right thumb protruding beyond the left so that the indentation in my right thumb id fillef with the fst psrt of my right.  The left bird finger sits behind the harp, preventing it fro moving too deep into my cup, and it provides a place for my right thumb to try and seal things up.  On my best day I get a decent wah sound opening either my right thumb or my palm clam shell.  It's never consistent.

aaputting one of Greg's hand made bullet mics into the mix makes getting a good seal impossible.  Can you offer any suggestions to help my plight?  Hands are fairly large, even with the muscle and nerve damage.  The base of my palm to the tip of my bird finger id 7.25-inches, the bird finger itself is 3.125-inches, and my palm is 4-inches wide at the base of my fingers.  Hopefully that is enought to work with.

Thanks for looking!

Robert

The Krowe
The Krowe May 06, 2012

See you tomorrow at 7:00!

Login popup sm Login popup banner

Member Log In

Forgot your password? Click here

New To Sonic Junction?

See Sign Up Info >

Popup close

Login popup sm